Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I have no idea, but.... I know.

Those of you who know me well, know that I really like to have a plan in place. I'm a planner (and I typically like to work ahead!). Other than two occasions (when I had a week to prepare for Anthony's arrival and when I had a week to prepare for Anthony's departure), God has been good to give me at least some direction for where I am going with time to plan ahead.

Well, here I am on March 9th, and I have no idea what life will look like after May 21st. I have no idea where I am going to live (house wise), no idea where I am going to work over the summer (need to have a job over the summer because income stops May 15th and won't start again until September), and no idea where I am going to teach next year. This for me is unsettling because, again, I am a planner and May 21st is quickly approaching. I want to not only have the answers to these questions, but have a plan in place of specific weekend I will move my things, whether I will still need my storage unit, etc. It is hard for me to not know.

Here is what I do know: I know I will be in Memphis. I know I have an amazing support system in the MTR staff and residents (soon to be graduates!) and, also, in my church community. I know that just as God has been faithful every time in my past, He will provide and open doors for me to be exactly where HE wants me to be - house, summer, and teaching. I know that God will be with me through each step and will give me the answers when I need to know. I am realizing (haven't fully learned it or I would, also, make another "I know" statement) that I don't always have to know. While it is good to have plans in place and be prepared in what God is calling us to do, sometimes God just wants me to trust and leave the knowing to Him.

1 comment:

  1. Hi friend!! I just got your graduation announcement & had to check out your blog. :) Very cute. I just started a blog on April 1st. It's by invite only so send me an email if you want an invite & I'll add you to the list! So excited for what God has in store for you!!!

    ReplyDelete