Sunday, June 6, 2010

First Week

So I have officially been in Memphis for a week now (after a week of moving and then family vacation). So much has gone on this week! I unpacked and put everything in its place, changed my driver's license and car tags, found out that my brother is engaged, met a lot of new people, had our first day of orientation (which now has me very overwhelmed), had a Resident Ho-down (which was SO much fun), wrote my first paper for school, went to church this morning (in a house worshiping with African Refugees, African Americans, and Americans- the delight of my heart!), and tried to find some time to sleep in between all of this. It has been busy! But oh, so good!

Things I love about life in Memphis already:
-For the most part, southerners are so nice!
-The tall, full trees are so green and beautiful (and they are everywhere!).
-There are free concerts in a park at the Levitt Shell which is where Johnny Cash and Elvis played before they were big time.
-There are quite a few Starbucks around here. :)
-I can walk into a Target and/or Barnes and Noble, and just the smell and atmosphere make me feel at home!
-My roommate is awesome!
-I don't have to drive far to get where I want to go (I live in a very central part of town).
-I really like the people that are in my class! Fun times have already been had!

Things I dislike about life in Memphis already:
-It is HOT and HUMID here!
-Still don't fully know my way around.
-I don't have a washer/dryer in my apartment.
-I really miss friends from home and Baby Birch!

So far these are my lists. I'm sure I will add things as time goes on. I guess it is a good thing that the love list is longer than the dislike list! That's a good start to life here.

This is my apartment building.

My bedroom

Living room

Bathroom

Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. Great looking apt! Hope you really enjoy your new journey!

    ReplyDelete